"An apple a day keeps the doctor away” is an old Welsh proverb that most of us are familiar with, but what makes this fruit so special? Apples are the original superfood. Its fiber is a natural co-product made from the apple pomace generated from the processing of apples and its whole fruit powder processes the whole apple capturing every last drop of vitamins, minerals and flavor that fruit has to offer. Apples are known for their high levels of important antioxidants, flavanoids and dietary fiber. It is also rich in vitamins C, B-complex and Phytonutrients.
Our customers use apple powder for the following applications:
- Additional fiber content in prepared food products
- A substitute for modified food starches
- Addressing dietary allergies in food production
- Creating a clean label by increasing the amount of NATURAL ingredients in a recipe
- Sourcing ingredients from North America
- A thickening agent in sauces, soups and marinades and a nutrient dense mix in for a variety of foods