Blackberry seeds contain oil rich in omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid) and omega-6 fats (linoleic acid) as well as protein, dietary fiber, carotenoids, ellagitannins and ellagic acid. Additionally, the seeds are a great source of antioxidants.
Our customers use blackberry seeds for the following applications:
- A plant-based protein substitute
- A food topping and mix-in for smoothies, yogurts, baked goods and ice creams
- Addressing dietary allergies in food production
- Creating a clean label by increasing the amount of NATURAL ingredients in a recipe
- Sourcing ingredients from North America
- Nutraceuticals, cosmoceuticals and oil production