Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary ﬁber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and phosphorus. Our whole vegetable powder processes the whole potato capturing every last drop of vitamins, minerals and ﬂavor this vegetable has to offer. It is a natural source of soluble and insoluble ﬁber which supports digestion, promotes heart health and is thought to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Our customers use sweet potato powder for the following applications:
- A substitute for modified food starches
- Addressing dietary allergies in food production
- Creating a clean label by increasing the amount of NATURAL ingredients in a recipe
- Sourcing ingredients from North America
- A thickening agent in sauces, soups and marinades and a nutrient dense mix in for a variety of foods