Pears contain special phytonutrients, including anti-inflammatory flavonoids, anticancer polyphenols and anti-aging flavonoids. Studies regarding pear nutrition have linked the fruit’s consumption with lower levels of constipation, kidney stones, high cholesterol and even diabetes. And while there aren’t many calories in a pear, pears can help lower inflammation, which is the root of most diseases. Plus, they’re one of the best sources of dietary fiber of all fruits. They provide high amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K and boron, which aid in bone health, and pear nutrition also helps reverse copper deficiency and low potassium.
Our customers use pear powder for the following applications:
- Additional fiber content in prepared food products
- A substitute for modified food starches
- Addressing dietary allergies in food production
- Creating a clean label by increasing the amount of NATURAL ingredients in a recipe
- Sourcing ingredients from North America
- A thickening agent in sauces, soups and marinades and a nutrient dense mix in for a variety of foods